Friday 2 December 2016

OUGD502: TANK Collaboration 04


Back Cover Detail:

To continue the theme of TANK I readapted TANK's back page to add the new cover on, just like in the current issues do. This was so much more work than originally planned as the image needed to be formatted at 300dpi, therefore a screenshot or image was insufficient, and at the time the scanner in the Library was out of order, so the only way to get this completed before the deadline was to recreate it manually. Doing this wasted so much of my own time, especially as OUGD504 was due in around the time of producing this. In the future I need to manage what I say to clients about what I can produce for them. I will never drop out of a promise, yet it would have been much better to allow more time for this task or not suggest it to such accurate intent in the first place. Collecting all of the individual covers was the most time consuming aspect, so after about 4 hours on this I decided to not stick rigidly to the covers as this issue of TANK is only for university purposes.

The graphic elements and grid system is compliant of TANK's, using the same spacing and typographic considerations with regards to layout. 



By working with Kristina I have learnt how challenging it can be to work to client expectations, as well as managing self set deadlines. The ease of just doing the straight design process using TANKS principles was extremely therapeutic, and so I can imagine like industry work when designing to brand guidelines wouldn't be a career path I would rule out.

No comments:

Post a Comment