Saturday 7 November 2015

07.11.15 // Leeds Print Fair

Todays print fair featured around 60 stalls, showcasing artists, designers and textile artists in the printed form. The variation throughout skill-sets was really varied, yet screen printing seemed a common theme that united all artists. The fair covered the bottom tier and wrapped into several rooms branching off. It was a really good experience for me as a aspiring professional as it is was made evident what is popular in the underground market at the minuet. Everybody was purchasing printed cushions and groovy mugs (me included) which makes me think I need to expand my plans for any future business I may create appealing to a wider market.



This is the work of a really lovely talented Graduate, unfortunately I didn't get her name. She said that all of these designs originally started as hand paintings, which were then scanned in and sent to be digitally printed. After this she hand sewed the cushions and added the outer detail. Despite being a very busy pattern, the outer use of negative space gives a calming persona whilst being very cultural in appearance. 

Matt Walkden featured here is a graphic artist who creates A3 screen-prints, and a comic novel titled 'Unlikely Tales'. His comic currently has 2 issues, and I am proud to say I am the happy owner of one! His wavy style instantly grabbed me, not only is the composition something to die for, but the subject content of weird and wonderful things leaves the eye amused and wanting more. 





See more of his work at https://www.etsy.com/shop/mattwalkden or see his development at mattwalkden.blogspot.com.
A range of business cards and postcards I collected from the print fair of my favourite stalls, both graphic art and textile design.

Check out www.mrcharlesworthdesign.com
etsy.com/uk/shop/PuntoBelle
www.nathanboltondesign.com
www.leedspictures.com
peteretlewolff.com


No comments:

Post a Comment