Saturday 21 January 2017

OUGD502: Making Notebooks

As the bookmaking moduel in 504 was interesting me greatly, I wanted to explore creating a range of little notebooks using the bookmaking skills I've been practicing.

I have recently purchased a printer with a thick stock bypass trey, so I decided to create my own print and create textural covers, as well as sleek hardbacks using grey board and PVA Glue.






The experience was very rewarding as it taught me how precise you need to be with measurements. The initial concept was to produce a small illustration, used on a range of things. The execution of the idea and production was very quick- something I need to allocate more time for in the future. Bookbinding is still something I need to work on I will continue to push this further throughout the year, possibly making a zine at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment