Sunday 13 May 2018

OUGD602: Leeds International Festival


Through knowing Cathy from a brand I contacted in relation to LRFS, as well as me working at Azendi, I was asked to help out with a band of fashion shows on Saturday 1st May. Azendi was the first to show at 11am, then Jigsaw, Paul Smith, Dr Martens and French Connection. The show was a runway inside a shipping container on Briggate, I helped co-ordinate the models, style looks from clothes the managers had picked to be featured and help with organising the products afterwards. I also managed to get paid for this as Azendi were involved, which was also a plus.

I managed to practice and develop my skills working in a BTS/Fashion show environment, working to a tight schedule and co-ordinating people. I've learnt that being a people person and being chilled out in these situations is also essential, as if you're stressed the models gets stressed and that causes things to go wrong. Overall, it was a fun experience and I'd like to do something like that again - I'd love to volunteer at LFW or even take the Angie Smith Internship which means I'd get to go with her as listed in the application. 





No comments:

Post a Comment