Sunday 30 April 2017

OUGD502: Collaborative Fashion Zine

When starting the COP module I was really interested in pushing the fashion aspect of graphic design, and explore art direction more in the process! Incorporating fashion into my practice is definitely still an ambition so I contacted Priya Palmer from L6 Fashion at Leeds College of Art via Instagram, after seeing her work displayed on my feed. Instagram has been proven to be a great tool of quick responses, as well as keeping things quite informal to build more personal relationships. I loved the cultural aspect and the way she had constructed her garments, with the use of gold and royal connotations crating multiple photoshoot concepts in my head just by observing her feed. I plan to use this to inform a fashion editorial, collaborating with Priya, a model and photographer over the summer. The aspect of collaborative practice is something I've identified to enjoy in the Responsive module so I'm really excited about this opportunity and hope to learn from the whole experience. This also involves me project managing the organisation of the zine, including printing, contacting Priya and helping put together a call sheet for the event. Other things I will need to consider are costs, possible model casting and coordinating printing.












This is still very early days of the zine, I don't want to rush it to just to get it ready for the 8th May deadline (also printing would be an issue). With this, I plan to explore a wide range of concepts and props for a location shoot with Level 5 photographer Alec Aarons. The use of natural lighting and an indoor will give a less 'high fashion' aesthetic, removing the high key nature of studio photography. A soft light and homely setting will both juxtapose and competent the garments if the planned locations come through. One place we're considering shooting is at a friends family home in North Yorkshire, which has a wide variety of scenes to explore and high ceilings to complement Priya's extravagant garments. allow the garments speak for themselves. I am excited to collaborate with a wider range of designers, looking at locations as appose to the studio (which I have become quite familiar and coherent with). 

No comments:

Post a Comment