Sunday 30 April 2017

OUGD502: Graphics x Fashion x Photography Event

After going to the Fenton for a drink with some friends, I bumped into Richard and Samantha Husdon-Miles (My COP Lecturer and the head of Fashion) and went over to say hello. Sam and I started talking about the fashion course and how we should collaborate more between courses. She said how many of the Level 6 students needed branding, look books and press packs doing for their final collections. I thought automatically this would be a great opportunity to inter great the courses more and actually do something as a student rep. In addition, I really want to explore more fashion within my practice so will love the opportunity to meet more students and get more involved with aspects I don't currently know about (e.g: press packs).

In the discussion, Sam and I mentioned how photography, graphics and fashion all fuse together to create campaigns and editorials. My friend and BA (Hows) photography student Alec Aarons also joined in the conversation, and we said we should host some sort of mixer event getting together interested students to show their work and meet more people. 


I need to check my Gmail more and speed up the 3 day response

After this I saw Sam in uni and explained I was visiting D&AD festival until the 27th so that wouldn't really be possible- we rearranged for the 28th and set up an initial informal chat between students, for 2pm in the Fashion studios. I notified the students of graphics with 12 people expressing a real direct interest and many more saying they wanted to get involved! Alec contacted the photography students and Sam contacted the fashion department, as well as my other friend from Level 5 Tara Pertwee spreading word of mouth.

I'm really greatful I spoke to Sam at the Fenton and I'm proactively taking arranging something to benefit mine (and others) practices!

No comments:

Post a Comment