Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD402 // Custom Patterns

After researching brands etc, I thought it best to create a pattern relevant to me as a creative. After coming up with the title 'plant life', I felt exploring a botanical pattern route, or incorporating some sort of nature was the best way to go forward.

Initial Sketches

Traced sketches on illustrator using the Pen Tool. After re-drawing out each component, I created this placement print outline.

Formulated to a repeat pattern

Placement print with aspects of my chosen colour scheme. The vividly of the Cyan and deep red are contemporary and contrasting, whilst the green and brown shades are more traditional in their colour ways. This contrast hopefully showcases me as a designer who is willing to take risks, alongside incorporating both traditional knowhow and values, combined with a 'random' contemporary element.
 Alternative colour variations //





To implement this for my self branding, it is possible to screen print/digital print the pattern or sections of the pattern onto note books to give out. This would also work as a tote bag print, phone case or even sellable as limited edition prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment