Saturday 5 March 2016

OUGD402 // Self Branding 02

After the talk at Lord Whitney I felt inspired by their evident passion for tangible design, and the creation of make believe. I thought that the one thing i'd always love to curate was a window display. With this in mind, I created small instillation scenes on a shower curtain studio base, complemented by make shift lighting. If I wasn't so excited for this project, I would of naturally used the new lighting techniques and photograph in the studio.



Mini Studio // Behind the scenes


Possible scenario scrapped due to the lack of prop hanging facilities...


Experimenting with spotlighting in a darkened flat setting. I tried out a few compositions featuring a range of objects/features from my life. I included the lap bring a three dimensional depth, whilst justifying the high shadow contrast.


iPhone camera shot, testing the composition before refining final photographic resolutions. This is quite a fluid composition contained into a specific quarter, meaning this would be good for overlaying possible typography. 


Close up iPhone shot
Final instillation photographs //

Taken in collaboration with BA (Hons) Photography student Claire McClean, on a Nikon D300 in make shift studio environment.






JSL used as placeholder text for final/ resolved logo/symbol/logotype. Mock ups of possible designs, aiming to represent me as a designer/ young creative.





No comments:

Post a Comment