Saturday 6 May 2017

OUGD502: Contacting Designers 04

Interview with Benjamin Craven

I met with Benjamin in LCA and bought him a cup of tea and rocky road for his time, I had preplanned some questions and tried to remember to breath before speaking, so not to seem rushed or confused, as well as fully listening and waiting for him to finish before asking another question.

<full Craven interview pdf>


The interview went really well, Benjamin is a really passionate creative, dedicated making any opportunity work for him. I am happy I preplanned the questions with enough scope for the conversation to go off on many tangents. His versatile use of screen print and product bases are great inspiration to me. Benjamin mentioned how some of his main influences to get visuals out is music. I feel that I can relate to this greatly, often allowing a certain beat or musical mood influence the tone of a piece. 

Benjamin highlights that this influence is not a bad thing, "just because we cannot put our finger on the source of our creativity does not mean it is invalid."

No comments:

Post a Comment