Monday 1 May 2017

OUGD502: Look Photo Festival

Look Photo Festival, Liverpool 2017

Look International Photography Festival was hosted at Liverpools Open Eye gallery in April. As Liverpool isn't too far away, I wanted to go and explore some of the exhibitions on offer from up and coming/professional photographers. Whilst there I got to speaking to photographer Yan Wang Preston, 5x4 photographer can creative mind behind a photo book entitled 'Mother River', exploring the full length across China. Yan was just one of the interesting people I managed to speak to, as well as discussing some of the photography with the event organiser and curator of Open Eye. The whole event was centred around relationships with China, so the work featured all had an international context and allowed an inside into another culture by just venturing to Liverpool.

The festival spanned across the whole city centre, with smaller exhibitions featuring in lesser known galleries yet still related to the festival. I visited 4 of these exhibitions as time was limited and I visited at the opening night with the intentions of putting networking as a priority. I managed to speak to lots of interesting people, including a few graphic designers, at the events visited; securing me some email addresses in the process! The photography festival allowed me to explore a personal interest and look deeper into photography with a non-graphics centred role, allowing me to appreciate the beauty of the images and curation from an impartial perspective.









No comments:

Post a Comment