Saturday 21 April 2018

OUGD602: Stay Boutique - Paid Commission

After doing lots of work for free, the Blue Rinse shoot lead me to get contacted by their photographer, asking me to style an upcoming shoot for Stay Boutique magazine.


https://issuu.com/stayboutique/docs/blla_stay_boutique_magazine_digital



The publication is only very small, however it is linked to a clothing company and social media warrior which has the possibility of helping get my name out there. Considering my rates has been hard; Through Start up Wednesdays and the Life After Uni program I attended last summer I have calculated my rate needs to be £160 for a day rate, however as this is my first proper paid job I doubt I'm going to get that much. I am willing to do it for basically any money, as long as it does not make me out of pocket and my expenses are definitely covered as well. The style of the shoot is not yet confirmed, however the client is keen to do studio work alongside 'anything fitting to the brand'. Brainstorming with the photographers over Instagram led us to consider hotels around Leeds and possibly heading down to Sketch in London.


Ariela's Page (the client)
The Company Page

Ultimately, the magazine is in conjunction with Ariela's hotel empire, which focuses on luxury lifestyle and international living, meaning the publication would be distributed worldwide through these channels. As the audience of the magazine will not necessarily be the same as a fashion editorial would be, I may need to play up the femininity within my styling more so than previous jobs, drawing additional inspiration from the styles of dress she clearly likes on Instagram.

As my eyes are tentatively looking at Boss Creatives, I will use this opportunity to develop a mature and professional body of images which differ from their current stylist's repertoire with the intention to establish me as 'slightly different' from the talent they are currently representing. After speaking to a few model agency reps, they value diversity and having a wide spectrum of people under them, so fitting into an untapped niche could work to secure a place with them. 


Styling Inspo - Virgil Abloh, Off-White / Vetements / @fengfan / Ader Error / Balenziaga Fall 18' / Lowe Fall 18' / Heron Preston / Supreme x LV Collab / Calvin Klein 2015W39NYC / Kate Moss in the 90's when she was dating Johnny Depp.


No comments:

Post a Comment