Wednesday 4 April 2018

OUGD603: Styling for Blue Rinse

To prepare for the upcoming launch of their new Manchester store, Blue Rinse have commissioned me to style their promo shoot and launch night mannequins. After doing LRFS and making contacts with photographers and Blue Rinse themselves, it was the first time I haven't had to spend any money on anything myself, as well as get expenses covered. Despite not being a paid job, it is still small steps in the right direction.

I found this shoot really challenging as there was so much choice in terms of stock; I had the opportunity to go to the Leeds Store, the Warehouse in Armley and the current Manchester store, so any look was really possible which was quite daunting. Despite this, I did only have 1 day to plan looks which was not ideal, as in the past I had worked on looks for 3-4 days tweaking. Furthermore, I had to change lots of things last minuet as the models were not the sizes they sent over (in Blue Rinse clothes anyway), similarly to the LRFS Calendar shoot - luckily I was prepared. This meant I had to think on my feet and I used my mood board for inspiration on which pieces to pick and how to style them. 




In terms of organisation other than this, I feel that I have improved with this shoot again. I remembered extra bulldog clips and pins which came in useful. As transport has been an issue in the past so I also made sure I had my car with me and spare things in the boot, which was much easier than lugging 2 suitcase on the train.



No comments:

Post a Comment